Melling Parish Council have are keen to have this website as accessible as possible to all. We will run as fast as we can to keep up with the pace of technology and technology legislation.
1. This website conforms with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0. The review process is described in Section 5 below and is based on the W3C's Conformance Evaluation method as described in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
2. Conformance evaluation of Web accessibility requires a combination of semi-automated evaluation tools - Wave - and manual evaluation by an experienced reviewer. The evaluation results in this report are based on evaluation conducted on the following date: 23/04/2012.
The Web site may have changed since that time.
Additional information on the evaluation process is available in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
3. Site information:
- Melling Parish Council
- All pages reviewed - Nine (9)All via Wave
- All via manual checks
- All top level pages included.
- Initial reveiw date 23/04/2012
- Website laguage: English
4. Initial review by:
- Contact: Jeremy Griffin +44 (0) 7976 562107
- Webdesigner and Strategist
- Native English speaker
5. Review Process
- Level for which conformance was tested - WCAG 1.0 Level A
- Used WCAG 1.0 checklist
- Evaluation and validation tool used: Wave v. 4.0
- Manual reviews:
6. Results and Recommended Actions
- This Web site appears to meet WCAG 1.0 Level A.
- Accessibility features in which this site is strong include image tags, text resizing functionality and assistance re. browsers capability. MailChimp sign up form has also been given field labels.
On-going monitoring of Web site accessibility to utilise http://wave.webaim.org/
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Checklist for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility
- Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility
- Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility [draft]
- Review Teams for Evaluating Web Site Accessibility [draft]